Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Fodder for Free Art


In my last post I asked "what is Fodder" and also offered an answer to that question.  In the past few months that question has taken on new life and new activity for me.  Fodder has manifest as this, what you will see in the images below.  Little collections of upcycled tidbits gathered together and offered out for Free Art Friday.  

Fodder has become more than the stuff by spurring the activity of sharing it.  I have shared Fodder in a handful of states and each week in my local area.  The Little Free Library drops have become my favorite, they embody the very nature of this project.  I love looking for the little libraries and the surprise of what else is inside.   

Shared Fodder is about more than sharing bits of materials; its more about sharing an invitation to creative exploration, a subsequent collaboration to my creative exploration of putting it together and dropping it off.  

Fodder is an invitation to explore and play, and invitation to suspend the expectations of art making and be art active.






































































































No comments:

Post a Comment